About Forest Plumbing
Forest Plumbing offer a complete fitted bathroom, fitted kitchen, tiling, plumbing, maintenance and home improvement service, covering The Forest of Dean, Wye Valley, Monmouth, Chepstow, Gloucester, Ross on Wye and surrounding areas.
Hello and welcome to Forest Plumbing. My name is Neil Hopwood and I’m originally from West Yorkshire, where I have spent over 30 years plying my trade.
I have now re-located to Cinderford, in The Forest of Dean and hopefully/maybe one day will become an honorary Forester!
I am well versed in all aspects of designing and installing kitchens and bathrooms as well as many other aspects of home improvements, repair and maintenance including:
- Joinery and woodwork – fitting doors and windows, constructing walls, flooring, solid wood worktops, laminate & solid wood flooring, skirtings, architraves
- Plumbing – central heating, power-flushing, filter installation, cylinders, hot & cold supplies, outside taps, radiators, towel rails
- Electrical work – lighting, under-unit lighting, under-floor heating, sockets, wiring, updating existing systems
- Tiling – wall & floor tiling, ceramics, porcelain, natural stone, mosaic, cleaning & sealing, repairs
- Plastering – boarding & skimming walls & ceilings, dry-lining, repair work
- General building & repair work – installing lintels, creating new window & door openings, fitting upvc windows & doors, repairing & levelling concrete floors
- Decorating – ceilings & walls, paintwork (trained as a decorator when I first left school)
- Other works I’ve done in the past include block paved driveways, conservatories, car ports, patios & decking, gazebos
- Things I don’t do: carpet fitting and vinyl flooring
- Most important tool in my van: Henry the vacuum cleaner!
As can be seen from the above list, my skill set is very wide ranging, what this means for you, the customer, is that I can take care of all aspects of a job, from start to finish, which means that you don’t have to employ other trades people and there are no problems with other people turning up late, causing delays.
It also means that I alone am responsible for the whole job, no arguments over who should have done what or who to turn to if there are any future issues.
I will treat your home just as I treat my own, with care and respect, no muddy boots, or damaged furniture. I use lots of carpet protectors and dust sheets and always thoroughly vacuum and clean up, during installation and after the job is completed.
I never cease to be amazed at the rubbish I find under floors, behind units, under baths, in ceiling voids, when I start to remove kitchens or bathrooms.
When you browse through my portfolio you may well see pictures of the horrors I regularly uncover.
Some of my interests outside of work are cycling (yes a MAMIL) photography, gardening and website design.